Ads Top

It's still weird to make mobile payments in the US. Here's why

I traveled in southwest England and in London, and contactless payment is basically everywhere. It's everywhere because it basically works as an add-on to relatively newer chip-and-pin credit card payments. I used Apple Pay everywhere, but there were plenty of Android Pay signs, too. The US has adopted this a lot more slowly, despite promises otherwise, because plenty of people still have older swipe-style credit cards. In the US, it also gets a lot uglier because the terminals always seem half-broken... or disabled. I walked to a Pret for a banana and, of course, I couldn't pay with Apple Pay. The staff told me to just swipe my credit card. Now I felt like an idiot for wasting everyone's time trying to use my watch in the first place.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.